Friday, March 25, 2011

Homemade Happiness.

Today I was inspired! by Johanna's blog and her post on garlands. I decided to make one of the simple ones to decorate my room, supporting the spring-feeling coming up here in Istanbul. It's really easy to make a garland, I did it like this:

1) take a carton, cut out a triangle with two same length longer legs as a stencil.
2) choose paper you like (left over wrapping papers? or coloured, patterned, I think even newspaperpaper would look nice, oh, and plain white for the garden?) and use the stencil to make as many triangles as you want for your garland.
3) fold each triangle along the short side aprox. 1 centimetre to the back. cut away the small overlapping corner parts right and left.
4) lay a twine into the fold of the first triangle of your garland and fix the fold at the corners with a stapler (>> staple free stapler).  Try to fix the twine inside the fold by stapling, if possible.
5) go on with the next triangle. and the next one. and the next one, and the next one... aaand finally hang it and be happy :)


If you want a free hanging garland, you should cut ot diamonds instead of triangles and fold them in the middle. I guess in that case it's easier to glue the halfs together instead of stapling.

2 comments:

Johanna VS said...

oooh, I'm so happy I could inspire you!
I loove garlands.
Your's is gorgeous!

Love Johanna

Stine Marie said...

Lovely:):)